Monday, June 11, 2012

side effects of not using

so things are going well i guess. sorry i havent been around. just had a visit from my youngests dad so that took up a week of my time. still managing to be normal. struggling just a bit. overwhelming emotions i havent had the pleasure of feeling seem to keep happening. hate being broke. thats another downfall of being clean caus i dont move what i used to and it lessens the cash flow. its queens birthday lonng weekend here in australia. not sure why we celebrate the quenns birthday way after it actually is. thing its to spread out our public holidays. either way there will be a lot of random drug and alcohol testing stations out this weekend so lucky im drug free. one of the most worrying side effects of not using drugs is the weight gain. so ive started taking these tablets called reducta. i think they trick u into thinking u full so u eat less. not sure if they working....still feel like a fat chik. oh and sex and death guy i used to go out with has tried to make a reappearance in my life. not sure how to handle this one....xo lilly

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Good news is you are still walking the clean path - well done you...

I remember early in my recovery an old lag at an AA meeting said one day when I was confused by something "Good news is you get your emotions back, bad news is you get your emotions back"... Could have smacked him in the face at that precise moment. But it is so true, for years I drank to suppress my emotions and I still don't like dealing with them - they are not my best thing!...

But at least I am able to deal with them now without the first thought being "Need a drink to help me through this"

You get a holiday for the Queen's Birthday! Lucky you! We never do. We commonly call it "trooping the colour" where the Queen gets to see a whole pageant of stuff ... that is also for some reason also her "official" birthday. She gets to give out medals then as well - at least an honours list comes out.

Anonymous said...

The monarch 's birthday is set independently by the various states. In the uk it was set to be at the beginning of June (1st,2nd or occasionally 3rd) by Edward VII whose birthday was in November in the hope of getting better weather. Not much hope though ;)